Details on the 2013 ILX and RDX have been trickling in from the Acura media event being held in Arizona this week.
Sale dates have been officially confirmed by Acura:
• 2013 ILX to go on-sale May 25th, 2012
• 2013 RDX to go on-sale April 2nd, 2012
Jeff from Temple of VTEC has been sharing some of the information, still not officially confirmed by Acura.
Here are some key points from Jeff:
• 2.0L to start at $27,000 (est), 2.4L and 1.5L hybrid models to start at $30,000 (est)
• 2.0L engine has a balancer shaft, Acura says it delivers performance that matches TSX 2.4 5AT
• All ILX trim levels feature Amplitude Reactive Dampers for improved maneuverabilty and ride comfort
• To be built and sold in North America and exported to China
• From a “premium” standpoint, the ILX is a pretty clear step above the 9th generation Civics. This is from the standpoint of build quality, features, materials, and design details.
• The ILX body is composed of 62% high strength steel, with aluminum hood and and bumper beams to keep body weight as low as possible
• Between the 3 trim levels, there’s a surprisingly tight range of curb weights – the base 2.0L version is the lightest at 2910lb, while the Hybrid Technology model tops out the range at 2987lb, for a span of a mere 77lb. The 2.4 6MT model (only offered in Premium trim) weighs 2978lb.