Official release from acuranews.com:
2013 Acura ILX
- The all-new Acura ILX went on sale May 22, 2012. Positioned at the gateway to the Acura brand, it serves as Acura’s all-new compact luxury sedan.
- The ILX features three powertrain options:
- The entry-level ILX 2.0L is powered by a 150-horsepower, 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift.
- The ILX 2.4L is powered by a 201-horsepower, 2.4-liter engine paired with a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission.
- Acura’s first-ever gasoline-electric hybrid, the ILX Hybrid, uses a 1.5-liter inline engine and an Integrated Motor Assist® electric motor paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The Acura ILX 1.5L Hybrid has an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 39/38/38 mpg.
- With a starting MSRP of $25,900, the Acura ILX offers remarkable value for the money with robust feature content and premium appeal. Standard features include a Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton start, Pandora® internet radio interface, SMS text message, power moonroof and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®.
2013 Acura TSX
- The Acura TSX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2011, which included changes to exterior styling, significantly improved NVH, a wide array of new standard and optional features and an all-new variant: the TSX Sport Wagon.
- In 2012, the TSX Special Edition was introduced with numerous upgrades to exterior styling, celebrating Acura’s fun-to-drive spirit and 25 year history as a luxury brand in America.
- In 2012, the TSX line up continues to be one of Acura’s most popular sedans thanks to a great mix of styling, sporty performance, luxury appointments, good fuel efficiency and outstanding value on a luxury scale.
- The 2013 TSX sedan and Sport Wagon will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes to the lineup.
2013 Acura TL
- In 2012 the Acura TL was significantly refined receiving fresh styling, improved performance and fuel economy and upgraded technology.
- The Acura TL can be equipped with Acura’s acclaimed Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system (SH-AWD™) along with the option of a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission for driving enthusiasts.
- The TL will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for 2013.
2013 Acura RDX
- Completely redesigned for 2013, the new RDX went on sale April 20, 2012 and had an all-time record sales month in May 2012 (up 216.8% compared to May 2011).
- The new Acura RDX is the right-sized crossover SUV with increased comfort, utility and power along with class-leading fuel-economy (EPA estimated* 20/28/23 for the RDX and 19/27/22 for the RDX AWD).
- The Acura RDX features a new 3.5L V-6 with 33 more horsepower than the previous model (273 horsepower), a new six-speed automatic transmission and a new available all-wheel-drive system.
- Standard features on the RDX include leather seating, heated power front seats, a power moonroof and a 360watt audio system. New technologies such as Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles are also standard equipment.
- Available on the Technology Package, the RDX receives new features including Acura’s latest generation navigation system, a hard disk drive (HDD) with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity (15g dedicated for music) and a power actuated rear tailgate.
- The 2013 RDX has received the highest possible safety rating of TOP SAFETY PICK from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) earning a score of GOOD in all categories.
2013 Acura MDX
- The Acura MDX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2010 which included a new engine and transmission, a revised chassis, more comfort, improved technology and a fresh new exterior look.
- The MDX continues to be the best selling seven passenger luxury SUV.
- The 2013 MDX will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for the model year.
2013 Acura ZDX
- The Acura ZDX receives a mid-cycle refresh for the 2013 model year including exterior styling changes, new technology and will be sold in a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale.
- Although the ZDX remains a niche vehicle for the Acura brand, it continues to garner attention for its unique styling while transcending the traditional distinctions between coupe, sedan and sport utility vehicle.
- The 2013 ZDX will go on sale in October 2012.
A “Sneak Peek” at What’s Coming in 2014
2014 Acura RLX
- The all-new RLX will launch in early 2013 as Acura’s new flagship sedan delivering an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.
- The RLX will boast the interior space of a large luxury sedan with the footprint and agility of a midsize luxury sedan.
- The all-wheel-drive RLX model will employ Acura’s highly advanced new Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® system (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive). The performance hybrid system utilizes a front-mounted electric motor, located within the dual clutch transmission, and a unique dual electric motor drive unit with a bilateral torque adjustable control system to instantly generate negative or positive torque to the rear wheels during cornering.
- The RLX will be offered in a 310 horsepower, front-wheel-drive version, which will deliver superior handling performance through the application of a new Acura technology— Precision All Wheel Steer™.
- The RLX equipped with Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® will deliver V-8 acceleration with four-cylinder fuel economy—producing 370 horsepower with an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 30/30/30 mpg.
*EPA estimated mileage = city/highway/combined fuel economy
When it says the 2013 TSX will have no changes – does that mean no push button start?
Looks like there will be no 2013 RL?
Hilary: no push button start. Acura will not invest much in a model’s last year.
Thanks, beelzebub. I’d been waiting for the ILX and now that it’s here…the TSX looks like the better choice (to me). Guess it would be smartest to go for a deal on remaining 2012 models than to wait for 2013 if I go with the TSX since nothing is changing?
I would … you could be extra fancy and get the SE edition. If you’re in no rush, next year should give you a ton more options as the 2014 RLX, TLX & if it’s not cancelled, the TSX should debut at some point. Not to mention the MDX.
Will the 2013 MDX have push button start?
2013 Acura MDX isn’t probably going to seen any significant changes, as 2012 model is being carried over into 2013. The next gen MDX is expected to happen on the 2014 Model, which could emerge at all dealer showrooms mid 2013.
agree with your comment; I bought the 2012 TL and am looking forward to the TLX or even the Accord EX-V6 coupe while waiting for the TLX that will be built upon that chassis; so it’s been said here.