Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports July 2014 Sales
08/01/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Accord posts best July sales in five years
- Honda CR-V mints all-time July record
- Acura MDX posts best July sales in four years, setting a new monthly record
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported July 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 135,908 units. The Honda division posted sales of 123,428 units in July while Acura sold 12,480 units in the same period. Year-to-date American Honda sales reached 875,344 units.
Overall Acura sales reflect a virtual sell out of prior TL and TSX models as the company prepared for launch of the 2015 TLX line of luxury performance sedans, which is now underway nationwide. MDX, America’s all-time best-selling 3-row luxury SUV, was the brand’s best-selling model, besting a year-old July record.
- All-new 2015 TLX is arriving at dealers now.
- MDX July sales rose 13.2 percent on sales of 6,283 units, setting a new July record and combined with RDX, set a new July record for light trucks.
“Our July sales were definitely impacted by a lack of sedan availability as we sold out of TSX and TL,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “We’re confident that the all-new TLX luxury performance sedan, arriving at dealers now, will quickly remedy the situation and drive Acura sales growth through the second half of the year.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for July 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,480||15,150||-20.8%||90,431||92,131||-1.8%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||57||158||-65.3%||599||1,322||-54.7%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||35||110||-69.4%||306||1,003||-69.5%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|