Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
10/01/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Hot new Acura TLX powers an 18.8 percent division increase with 3,884 September sales
- Acura RDX posted its best-ever September with sales of 3,230, rising 6.9 percent for the month and helping Acura trucks to its best September on record
- New Honda Fit achieves best September ever on sales of 6,628 units, up 66.5 percent
- Honda CR-V also sets new September record, rising 10.6 percent on sales of 23,722
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported September 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 118,223 units, an increase of 12.0 percent versus September of last year. The Honda division had its best September since 2007 with sales of 104,391 vehicles, while Acura posted sales of 13,832 units in the same period. Acura trucks posted its best-ever September, rising 6.8 percent vs. 2013. Year-to-date total American Honda sales reached 1,160,605 vehicles.
Less than two months on the market and without full supply of the three-model lineup at dealerships, the all-new 2015 Acura TLX luxury performance sedan sparked an 18.8 percent sales surge for the luxury brand, boosting division sales to 13,832 for September over the same month in 2013. TLX sales were second only to the Acura MDX within the entire division, followed by another record performance by the RDX, with the luxury SUVs pushing Acura truck sales to a new September record.
- The hot-selling new TLX posted sales of 3,884 in September to become Acura’s best-selling sedan and second best-selling vehicle, already approaching segment leaders in only its first full month on the market.
- ILX sales were also up in September, adding 7.4 percent with sales of 1,464 units.
- Acura truck sales set a new September record, rising 6.8 percent on sales of 8,097 vehicles.
- Acura’s RDX rose 6.9 percent to post its best-ever September for the brand on sales of 3,230 units.
- MDX sales increased 7.2 percent with 4,864 units sold in September, continuing to solidify its place as the best-selling three-row luxury SUV in America.
“With the MDX and RDX as the best one-two punch in the luxury SUV segment, the TLX is proving to be the knockout punch we’ve been looking for in the luxury sedan arena,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “The TLX is attracting so much attention online and showroom traffic at our dealers that we don’t yet know the car’s true potential.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for September 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,832||11,648||13.8%||119,750||120,830||-0.9%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||6||141||-95.9%||630||1,632||-61.4%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||15||108||-86.7%||345||1,236||-72.1%|
|Memo: RLX Hybrid||31||0||0.0%||31||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts ** Daily Selling Rate ***Memo line items are included in the respective model total|