Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Reports May 2015 Sales: Gateway Models Power Honda Light Truck and Sedan Sales; Acura Continues Momentum as Sedan Sales Accelerate
Jun 2, 2015 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Fit again impresses with an 82-percent gain to lead strong Honda sedan sales
- New HR-V debuts with incredible 6,381 units sold in half a month to lead record May Honda light truck sales with a 10.6-percent year-over-year gain to 63,979 units
- Acura’s first-year TLX continues to drive Acura sedan sales increases with second consecutive 4,000+ unit month for a 43.5-percent year-over-year sedan sales hike
- Upgraded RDX first full sales month punches well over 5,000 units smashing May 2014 numbers by 24.3 percent and setting a new all-time monthly sales record
- Top Acura performers accelerated the luxury brand sales by a substantial 16.1 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported May 2015 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 154,593 units, with Honda light trucks gaining 10.6 percent on sales of 63,979 units and Acura sedans increasing 43.5 percent on sales of 6,278 vehicles. Month-to-month American Honda total sales were up 1.3 percent year-over-year, with the Acura Division gaining 16.1 percent on sales of 17,042 vehicles in May and the Honda Division posting sales of 137,551 vehicles, a decrease of 0.3 percent for the month.
Sales of the new TLX luxury sport sedan and upgraded ILX gateway luxury sedan boosted Acura sedan sales to an impressive increase of 43.5 percent from May 2014 with a total of 4,352 TLX models and 1,673 ILXs sold. Adding to Acura’s overall 16.1-percent month-to-month gain to 17,042 vehicles was the refreshed RDX with all-time record sales of 5,343 units, combining with the popular MDX to produce sales of 10,764 Acura luxury SUVs in May.
- With a total of 17,042 units sold, Acura brand sales gained 16.1 percent in May; every current Acura model up from previous month
- Acura sedan sales up by 43.5 percent for May with a total of 6,278 vehicles driven by TLX sales of 4,352 units and ILX sales of 1,673.
- MDX and RDX both post sales numbers over 5,000 units each for a May record total Acura light truck sales of 10,764 vehicles
“The Acura sedan lineup continues to build strong momentum with an increasing number of luxury customers getting behind the wheel of our TLX and ILX luxury performance models, ” said Mike Accavitti, Acura Division senior vice president and general manager. “Together with the benchmark MDX and recently refreshed RDX, both topping 5,000 units in sales, we’re looking forward to a long, hot summer of Acura sales.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for May 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||17,042||14,675||20.6%||71,560||66,745||8.1%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||4||63||-93.4%||18||227||-92.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||24||0||0.0%||92||0||0.0%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||82||-100.0%||2||475||-99.6%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total