Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
American Honda Sets New All-Time Annual Sales Record
Jan 5, 2016 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Total combined annual Honda & Acura vehicle sales eclipse previous record set in 2007 with a 3.0 percent gain over 2014
- Honda Division records its best-ever year in 2015, gaining 2.6 percent
- Total Honda & Acura trucks set new all-time annual marks, up 9.7 percent in 2015
- Honda CR-V maintains position atop SUV market with fourth straight annual record
- American Honda also sets all-time record for month of December
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported all-time record annual sales of 1,586,551 Honda and Acura vehicles for 2015, an increase of 3.0 percent to beat the previous record set in 2007. Honda and Acura truck sales also set a new annual record, gaining 9.7 percent on sales of 770,424. Honda Division sales topped last year`s record to set a new annual mark, rising 2.6 percent on sales of 1,409,386 units. Acura sales totaled 177,165, a 5.6 percent increase for the year and the division’s best result since 2007.
“What better way to celebrate the “Year of Honda” than with an all-time automobile sales record,” said John Mendel, executive vice president of the Automobile Division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “We are grateful to our customers who embraced our entire product lineup and are the true power behind the Honda brand.”
The Acura Division enjoyed its best sales year since 2007, with strong performances from both sedans and trucks. The updated RDX set a new record and MDX recorded another year of sales over 50,000, despite limited inventory in last quarter of the year. Sedans also played a key role, with the TLX leading the way to take a larger share of the mid-luxury sedan segment.
- One of the hottest players in a hot luxury SUV segment, the Acura RDX set an all-time annual sales record, climbing 13.7 percent on sales of 51,026 vehicles.
- MDX exceeded 50,000 sales for the fourth straight year and continues to be the best-selling luxury three-row SUV in America.
- TLX sales of 47,080 and a stronger performance from ILX as the gateway to the sedan lineup helped boost Acura sedan sales more than 18 percent in 2015.
- Acura enjoyed a fourth consecutive year of sales growth in 2015 with 177,165 vehicles sold, gaining 5.6 percent for the year.
- Acura truck sales exceeded 100,000 for the second straight year.
“The Acura brand continues on its steady march, now four years strong— with both our sales and brand power gaining increasing momentum with both trucks and sedans,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. “Importantly for our future, Acura sedans continue to gain strength – which will be our critical focus in the next phase of our strategic plan.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for December 2015|
|2015||2014||% Chg.||2015||2014||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||16,823||17,809||-12.3%||177,165||167,843||5.2%|
|*** ILX Hybrid||1||9||-89.7%||23||379||-94.0%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||16||29||-48.8%||250||133||87.4%|
|*** TSX Wagon||0||3||-100.0%||2||640||-99.7%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total