Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
September 1, 2017 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda HR-V sets yet another new monthly record in August
- Sporty models boost Honda Civic to strong increase
- Honda core products Accord, Civic and CR-V all top 30,000 in sales in August
- Acura RDX sets new August sales record
- Acura ILX gains again, up 17.7 percent in August
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total August sales of 146,015 Honda and Acura vehicles, a slight decrease of 2.4 percent vs. August 2016. Total Honda Division sales decreased 1.8 percent on sales of 132,883. Honda cars gained 4.2 percent with 71,433 vehicles sold in August, while Honda trucks were down 8 percent on sales of 61,460 units due largely to limited inventory of key models. Acura Division sales were down 7.8 percent on August sales of 13,132 vehicles, with trucks declining 1.4 percent on sales of 9,211 units, and cars down 20.1 percent on sales of 3,921 vehicles.
The ILX, Acura’s gateway model, again led Acura sales gains in August as the luxury sedan market saw many luxury carmakers continuing to pour on the incentives in a bid to find sales. On the truck side, the Acura RDX continued to show sales strength, setting a new August record in one of the industry’s hottest segments.
- ILX sales were up for the third month in a row, gaining 17.7 percent in August on sales of 1,380.
- RDX set a new August sales record, gaining 11.2 percent on sales of 4,679 for the month.
“At a time like this, our thoughts are with those who are suffering from the hurricane in Texas and we are taking steps to support our customers during this challenging time,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president & general manager of the Acura division.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for August 2017|
|2017||2016||% Chg.||2017||2016||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,132||14,246||-11.2%||101,180||106,914||-5.4%|
|*** RLX Hybrid||13||19||-34.1%||143||134||6.7%|
|***MDX Sport Hybrid||217||0||0.0%||836||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate
*** Memo line items are included in the respective model total