Trucks and Electrified Vehicles Spark Strong October Sales for American Honda
Nov 1, 2018
- American Honda trucks gain 6.5% to set new October record
- Honda electrified vehicles have best month on record, exceeding 6,000 retail sales for second month in a row
- Honda Pilot sales climb 31% for best October sales; Odyssey rises 15%
- Acura trucks set new October record, gaining 15%
- Acura RDX records best October and second best single month in history, jumping 75%
The Acura RDX nearly eclipsed its best-ever month (June 2018) as it continues to bring the heat to one of the industry’s hottest segments, helping the brand to a 7.3% gain and trucks to a new record in October.
- RDX sales leaped 75.3%, posting total sales of 6,193 for a best October and second best month ever.
- Acura trucks set a new October sales record, rising 15.1% on sales of 10,148 vehicles.
- Sales of the gateway model ILX topped 1,000 units for a 3% gain just as the redesigned and lower-priced 2019 model has begun arriving in Acura showrooms.
- Led by the all-new 2019 RDX and MDX A-Spec, Acura is on-track to have the brand’s best SUV sales year ever.
- Acura is one of only two top-5 luxury brands with an increase in retail sales through the end of September.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for October 2018|
|2018||2017||% Chg.||2018||2017||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,624||12,698||3.2%||128,107||126,824||0.6%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate