Sep 4, 2019
- American Honda smashes all-time monthly sales records for total vehicles and trucks
- Honda brand also records its best-ever month, driven by record truck sales, and robust passenger car sales
- Honda CR-V and Passport post best-ever sales; HR-V has best August; Civic and Accord each top 30,000 sales
- Acura sales rise in August, with ILX jumping 58%, and RDX and MDX combining for over 10,000 sales
Acura sales were strong in August, with cars setting the pace for monthly gains, led by the gateway model ILX sedan, and truck sales remaining robust, with RDX and MDX combining for more than 10,000 units.
- ILX sales in August were the best of any month since April 2016, jumping 57.8% on sales of 1,439 vehicles.
- Acura’s mid-size luxury sedan, the TLX, gained 17.5% on sales of 2,252.
- Acura truck sales were also strong in August, with both RDX and MDX grabbing more than 5,000 sales each for the month.
- With AcuraWatch® safety and driver-assistive features standard on Acura sedans and SUVs, RDX is the retail #1 compact luxury SUV and #1 on Motor Trend’s list of safest luxury SUVs of 2019.
- TLX is out-retailing Audi A4 and key competitors from Lexus, Volvo, and Alfa Romeo, with some using heavy fleet sales to boost their total sales.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for August 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,189||15,072||-2.8%||101,715||100,972||0.2%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate