October 1, 2019
- Three fewer selling days impact American Honda September sales results
- Balanced sales of cars and trucks help Honda brand make key share gains despite industry downtrend
- ILX continues strong sales gains for Acura brand; RDX maintains #2 spot in luxury’s largest segment
While the shorter month and luxury brands competing on price challenged year-over-year results for the Acura brand, gateway Acura models ILX and RDX performed well to maintain brand momentum.
- ILX gained a solid 15.9% on sales of 1,078 units.
- While key competitors are spending aggressively to capture sales, RDX remains strong with sales topping 4,300 units to maintain its #2 position in segment
- Acura SUV sales continue to lead the brand with total sales of over 8,000 units.
- The RDX is on pace for another record in 2019. Acura’s hugely popular compact luxury SUV has earned annual sales records in 8 of the past 9 years.
- Following its 2019 refresh, ILX is America’s fastest growing compact luxury sedan, serving as Acura’s gateway model by bringing in more first time, millennial and multicultural buyers than any other
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for September 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||11,098||13,511||-10.7%||112,813||114,483||-1.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate