Trucks Deliver October Sales Records for AHM, Honda and Acura Brands as Sales Rise Across Divisions
November 1, 2019
- Honda brand sets new October sales record with an 8% gain; trucks gain 17.5% and a new October mark
- Honda CR-V nets new October record and cumulative sales top 5 million
- Honda HR-V sets a new all-time monthly record with sales of over 10,000 units
- Acura trucks set October record as division nets 2.4% gain
Another strong month for the Acura brand brought a new October truck sales record and an overall 2.4% sales increase, with a particularly strong month for ILX, the retail #1 sedan in segment, a 10% gain for MDX, and RDX sales on pace for another annual sales record.
- MDX sales climbed 10.4%, pushing Acura trucks to a new October record.
- ILX sales jumped 35.4% in October, with 1,430 units delivered.
- RDX sales topped 5,800 and combined with the enduring MDX for total truck sales of 10,256 units.
- Nearly 99% of all Acuras sold in the U.S. are made in America, with five of the brand’s six models built at the company’s three Ohio auto plants.
- MDX is out-retailing 3-row SUVs from Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Tesla and Volvo in 2019, and has done so in every year since 2010.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for October 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||13,957||13,624||-1.4%||126,770||128,107||-1.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate