Strong Car & Truck Sales Fuel Record November for American Honda, and Honda and Acura Trucks
December 3, 2019
- American Honda sales of cars and trucks rise 0.2% in 2019, with record annual truck sales (up 2.9%)
- Honda brand trucks set new annual record with gain of 3.4% for year
- Honda HR-V and CR-V set new annual records
- Acura SUVs remain strong, while ILX sales grow 30.3% for the year
Acura finished 2019 virtually on par with 2018, led by strong sales of RDX and MDX light truck models and with ILX starring as the gateway to the brand, posting major gains in December and for the year.
- ILX jumped a robust 30.3% for the year – its best sales performance in four years with December sales of 1,305 units up 41.2%.
- RDX posted its second best sales year in history with 62,876 units delivered — only the second time RDX has surpassed 60,000 sales.
- MDX finished with sales of 52,019 in 2019, the eighth consecutive year with sales exceeding 50,000.
- RDX topped Motor Trend’s list of safest luxury SUVs of 2019 and is joined by the MDX, ILX, TLX and RLX in offering the AcuraWatch® suite of safety and driver-assistive features as standard equipment.
- Acura SUVs have led luxury in retail sales to under-35-year-old buyers since 2012: RDX is #1 in segment and #3 luxury SUV overall, and MDX is the #1 3-row SUV in all of luxury.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for December 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||16,133||16,774||0.0%||157,385||158,934||-1.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate