Strong September Sales for Honda and Acura Adds to Momentum Gained in 3rd Quarter
October 1, 2020
- Honda brand sales climb 11% as trucks set September record with 20.4% jump
- Honda Passport and CR-V set September sales records, gaining 48.1% and 29.6% respectively
- Acura September sales increased 16.6% on strong performances from MDX, RDX and ILX
Acura’s stellar SUV lineup continue in a starring role for the brand in September, helping it net a double-digit gain for the month.
- Robust MDX sales of 4,920 brought a 28.4% gain for the month.
- RDX sales gained 6.4% in September, with 4,664 deliveries.
- ILX continued to serve as an important gateway to the Acura brand in Q3, posting a 27.7% increase in September.
- The all-new 2021 TLX is arriving at dealers now as the quickest, best-handling and most well-appointed sedan in Acura’s 35-year history.
- RDX was the first core model based on Acura’s Precision Crafted Performance DNA. It’s now the retail best-selling compact luxury SUV and third-best selling luxury model overall.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for September 2020|
|2020||2019||% Chg.||2020||2019||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||12,941||11,098||7.3%||95,654||112,813||-15.6%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate