American Honda Carefully Manages Supply Issues to Continue Sales Momentum in 2nd Quarter
July 1, 2021
- Acura SUV sales top 10,000 units in June, as strong demand for all-new MDX eclipses supply
- Acura ILX sets new June sales mark with its best month in five years
Acura completed a strong 2nd quarter with June sales exceeding 15,000 even as inventories tighten as a result of strong demand and parts supply issues.
- Acura’s gateway sport sedan, ILX, set a new June record as sales reached 2,093 units – its best result in five years, while early sales from the introduction of the TLX Type S pushed TLX sales over 3,000 units for the month.
- Acura SUV sales continued momentum, topping 10,000 deliveries in June with the all-new 2022 MDX eclipsing supply as the model continues to ramp up production, and RDX posting sales of over 5,000 units.
- Featuring a new turbo V6 and Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™, the 355 hp TLX Type S is the best performing Acura sedan of all-time.
- All five models in the Acura lineup, including the NSX supercar, are produced at the company’s auto plants in Ohio.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for June 2021|
|2021||2020||% Chg.||2021||2020||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,884||12,071||31.6%||88,384||55,990||57.9%|