March 14, 2023 — TORRANCE, Calif.
- Limited to just 50 units, the Gotham Gray TLX Type S PMC Edition launches next month
- Striking Gotham Gray matte paint previously only offered on the NSX Type S supercar
Acura is creating 50 hand-assembled TLX Type S PMC Editions finished in Gotham Gray matte paint, the signature color of the performance brand’s NSX Type S supercar. The unique paint utilizes a clear matte metallic finish to give the TLX Type S an even more sinister appearance. Mirroring the production of 50 Gotham Gray NSX Type S models built for the U.S. market, the 50 handcrafted high-performance sedans will enter production next month at the company’s Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Ohio4 and arrive at select dealers this spring priced at $65,0001.
Exterior design elements unique to TLX Type S PMC Edition include Berlina Black paint for the door handles and part of the lower side-sill garnish. Also, NSX-inspired Y-spoke 20-inch lightweight wheels are finished in Berlina Black, while a gloss carbon fiber decklid lip spoiler, carbon fiber rear diffuser, lower side sill garnish and black-chrome quad exhaust finishers complete the more aggressive look. Gloss black TLX, Type S and SH-AWD exterior badging is also standard.
Inside, the TLX Type S PMC Edition is further distinguished by carbon fiber interior trim panels, illuminated side sills and premium floor mats with Type S badges and colored accent binding. A striking Red Milano leather interior is contrasted with black stitching and Ultrasuede® inserts. The lower console is accented with an individually numbered serial plaque to designate the 2023 TLX Type S PMC Edition as a limited-edition vehicle (1 of 50) handcrafted at the Performance Manufacturing Center.
The 2023 Gotham Gray TLX Type S PMC Edition follows previous PMC Editions as well as the NSX supercar, all hand-crafted by master technicians at the Performance Manufacturing Center. Following the hand-assembly process, each PMC Edition receives the same quality control process applied to NSX, including a dyno check, paint inspection and rough-road simulation. To protect the paint during shipping, PMC Editions are wrapped in a specially designed car cover and transported to Acura dealers via enclosed, single-car carriers.
EPA MPG Rating3
|TLX Type S PMC Edition – Gotham Gray||
19 / 24 / 21
2023 Gotham Gray TLX Type S PMC Edition Details:
- Hand-assembled at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC)
- Painted in Gotham Gray with matte metallic finish
- Gloss carbon fiber decklid lip spoiler & rear diffuser
- Lightweight Berlina Black Y-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
- High-performance Pirelli P-Zero summer tire (255/35)
- Berlina Black door handles
- Side sill garnish
- Black-chrome quad exhaust finishers
- Gloss black TLX, Type S and SH-AWD exterior badging
- Red Milano leather interior with black contrast stitching and Ultrasuede® inserts
- Flat-bottom heated steering wheel
- Carbon fiber interior trim panels
- Illuminated Type S side sills
- Premium floor mats with Type S badges and red accent binding
- Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plaque
For more information on the 2023 Acura TLX Type S click here.
Acura is a leading automotive nameplate that delivers Precision Crafted Performance – a commitment to expressive styling, high-performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of quality and reliability. The Acura lineup currently features four distinctive models – the next-gen Integra sport compact, TLX sport sedan, the RDX and MDX sport-utility vehicles, along with high-performance Type S variants. Acura’s first all-electric model will be an SUV, the ZDX and ZDX Type S, and will arrive in 2024. All Acura vehicles sold in America are made in the U.S., using domestic and globally sourced parts.
# # #
1. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) excluding tax, license, registration, destination charge, premium paints and accessories. Dealer prices may vary.
2. MSRP plus $1,995 destination charge, excluding tax, license, registration, premium paints and accessories. Dealer prices may vary.
3. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings; Use for comparison purposes only; Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
4 Using domestic and globally-sourced parts
Great, another get on the website, give them money, and let them jerk you around like they did to me
on a white PMC edition Type S last fall. Mark Scherer, a loyal Acura customer in Omaha, NE.