Official release from acuranews.com:
Honda October Sales Rise on Record CR-V and Strong Civic Sales; Acura Posts over 17-Percent Increase on Record Sales of Truck of the Year Candidate MDX
11/01/2013 – TORRANCE, Calif.
• CR-V boasts record October sales
• Civic sales up 32.1 percent over October 2012
• Acura light trucks post record October sales on strength of all-new MDX and RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported October 2013 U.S. total sales of 114,538 units, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with October 2012 (up 3.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Year-to-date sales reached 1,273,550, an increase of 8.5 percent. Honda Division October sales reached 100,242, an increase of 5.7 percent compared to last October. Acura Division posted sales of 14,296, an increase of 17.5 percent compared to October 2012.
• Acura posted October sales of 14,296, an increase of 17.5 percent compared to last October with Acura light trucks recording their best October since 2007
• MDX sales set an October monthly record with 5,608 units, up 48.7 percent compared to last October
• RDX also set an October record with sales of 3,333, up 25.3 percent compared to last year
• RLX posted its best sales month since its release in March
“The poise and power of Acura’s line of light trucks continues to win over an ever-increasing number of discerning SUV customers,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. “With MDX recording its best October since 2004 and RDX continuing to set sales records month over month, Acura has the strongest one two punch in the industry.”
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 27 days for October 2013 and 26 days for October 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 256 days for 2013 and 255 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales For October 2013|
|2013||2012||% Chg.||2013||2012||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,296||12,163||13.2%||135,126||127,936||5.6%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||132||392||-67.6%||1,764||3,436||-48.7%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||137||144||-8.4%||1,373||679||102.2%|
|RLX / RL||830||21||3706.0%||3,780||350||980.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts. ** Daily Selling Rate|