Posted by on April 14th, 2014
A few days before the official Acura TLX unveil at the New York International Auto Show, a TLX Forums member who recently attended a TLX training session shared his notes on the car. Keep in mind the information posted below has not been confirmed.
• 3.5L V6 with specs of 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft. 9-speed automatic transmission is paired with this engine. Acura says that regular shifts will occur at a rate 25% faster than the TL, and paddle shift inputs will be realized up to five times faster than the TL. Regarding fuel economy, both the FWD and AWD models will see an increase of 5 mpg highway over the TL. For city fuel economy ratings, the FWD is up 1 mpg and the AWD model is up 3 mpg over the TL. The SH-AWD system weighs 75% of the weight of the TL’s system, and because it’s smaller, Acura engineers were able to add an under storage space in the trunk (like the RLX). The TLX V6 is about 0.5 seconds faster than the TL in the 0-60mph race.
• 2.4L inline-four cylinder with 206 horsepower and 182 lb-ft. This powertrain features an 8-speed torque converter automatic (the new ZF box?). Expect fuel economy to increase by 2 mpg in the city and by 4 mpg on the highway
• Internally, Acura is targeting a sales goal of 45,000 TLX models per year. I am confident this model will make targets – it’s quite impressive in person.
• The TLX has about the same wheelbase length as the TL, but the overhangs are 4 inches shorter.
• Auto start-stop is standard (if it’s like the BMW system, I’m turning it off every single time I get in)
• There’s a new sport mode feature called Integrated Dynamic System (IDS) with an optional Sport Plus mode. It changes throttle response and steering feel. It also has an economy mode for when you feel like driving like a grandma.
• Siri Eyes Free is standard. I’m really excited for this!
• Electronic parking brake
• Rear seats fold down for cargo
• TLX FWD model is 150 lbs lighter than the TL FWD!
[Source: TLX Forums]
Filed under: Acura Rumors, TLX Tags: 2015 Acura TLX
Posted by on April 3rd, 2014
A Chinese website has posted photos of a partially camouflaged China-spec 2015 Acura TLX. These new TLX images don’t reveal much more than previous spy shots, but they do offer more contrast and crisper lines than the last batch which were rather unflattering due to poor light. The lone interior shot shows us an electric parking brake and wood trim.
The North American TLX is set to debut on April 16th at the New York International Auto Show.
Click here to view the gallery
Filed under: Acura Rumors, Spy Shots, TLX Tags: 2015 Acura TLX, Acura China
Posted by on March 10th, 2014
A new batch of 2015 Acura TLX spy shots have emerged today from KGP Photography:
“We caught a couple of undisguised, fresh-from-the-factory 2015 Acura TLX test cars, giving us the first look at at the truly production-spec replacement for the TL and TSX.
The TLX Concept that debuted at the recent North American International Auto Show in Detroit wasn’t exactly a complete look at a showroom-ready TLX. The black and white test cars caught on their post-build shakedown runs reveal toned-down front- and rear-fascias. The concept showcased a deeper front air-dam and more aggressive rear bumper, with flared sculpting and bold chrome accents. Those aggressive details are not found on the final production models, making for a more tame TLX that will enter Acura’s lineup after its New York Auto Show debut.” KGP Photography
UPDATE: Sources at TOV now say that this is not a North American model.
Head over to Temple of VTEC – vtec.net for the full gallery.
[Source: Temple of VTEC]
Filed under: Acura Rumors, Spy Shots, TLX Tags: 2015 Acura TLX, Temple of VTEC
Posted by on March 9th, 2014
Recently posted on AcuraZine were these photos of a camo-tattered 2015 Acura TLX. Originating from a Chinese website this TLX is likely a China spec model, but usually there are minimal exterior differences from North American models. It looks like the “gap” in the lower front bumper has been closed, reminding me a bit of the third generation TL. We also get a first peek inside the TLX, and it appears to have the dual screen centre console set up found in the RLX and MDX.
Filed under: Acura Rumors, Spy Shots, TLX Tags: 2015 Acura TLX
Posted by on January 27th, 2014
A Motor Trend Editor has caught what appears to be a lightly camouflaged production 2015 Acura TLX. The three photos posted today reveal a slightly toned down version of the TLX Prototype, with less chrome and a few simplified features. Gone are the funky side mirrors which we knew wouldn’t make it, and to the dismay of many, no sign of exhaust tips.
Check out the full scoop at motortrend.com - 2015 Acura TLX Caught Testing Weeks After Detroit Debut.
[Source: Motor Trend]
Filed under: Acura Rumors, Spy Shots, TLX Tags: 2015 Acura TLX, Motor Trend
Posted by on January 3rd, 2014
Jewel Eye LED headlights have become a distinguishing feature on all of Acura’s newest models, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they were integrated in an ILX mid-cycle refresh for the 2015 model year. The impressive renders above from AcuraZine members usdmJON and Timmy18 give us an idea of how they might look on some modified ILXs.
The first image is the cleanest, incorporating the Jewel Eyes, chrome trim, and an LED strip similar to the ILX Concept. The second render is a bit more aggressive with Mugen Accord accessories bolted on. Lastly, we see an ILX with some lower bumper work and the adoption of an Acura SUV-X style grille.
Check out the ILX photoshop and renderings thread on AcuraZine for more.
[Source: usdmJON, Timmy18]
Filed under: Acura Rumors, ILX, Renderings Tags: 2015 Acura ILX
Posted by on November 20th, 2013
Earlier this week Honda announced development of new direct injection turbo engines in three displacement variations - 2.0L, 1.5L and 1.0L. With most of the media attention focused on the Civic Type R Prototype and its 2.0L +280 hp engine, the fact that an ILX was used as a test mule at the Tochigi test track went mostly unreported. While it’s not uncommon for Honda to use current models as test mules to showcase new technology, a 1.5L turbo would certainly make sense for a future iteration of the ILX.
Honda’s new Earth Dreams Technology 1.5L turbo engine reportedly makes 201-hp and 192 lb-ft of torque.
[Image Source: Response jp]
Filed under: Acura Rumors, ILX Tags: Earth Dreams Technology
Posted by on November 19th, 2013
From a Honda event in Japan a few days ahead of the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, Acura has revealed significant details about the upcoming NSX.
Unveiling a new 90-degree V-6 engine, Acura has confirmed it will be twin-turbocharged, which combined with the three electric motors should boost numbers to well over 500 horsepower. Sources have speculated the V-6 will have a displacement of 3.5 or 3.7-liters.
The other big news item is that Acura has made the switch to a longitudinal engine layout, which deviates from their original transverse layout design also used in the first-generation NSX. Even with the change, Acura maintains it is still on track for a 2015 launch date.
Get the full story at motortrend.com - Acura NSX Deep Dive: Supercar Gets Big Drivetrain Changes
[Source: Motor Trend]
Filed under: Acura News, Acura Rumors, NSX Tags: 2015 Acura NSX, Motor Trend