Strong Car & Truck Sales Fuel Record November for American Honda, and Honda and Acura Trucks
December 3, 2019
- American Honda sets new November sales records for total vehicles (up 11.1%) and trucks (up 18.2%)
- Honda brand truck sales jump 21.3% for best-ever November sales
- Honda HR-V and CR-V each set new November records; Ridgeline gains 36.2%
- Acura brand gains 3.1%, with record November truck sales
It was the best November for the Acura brand since 2014, with trucks setting a new November best and car sales up nearly 7%. ILX led car sales gains, while the seemingly evergreen MDX gained over 8%.
- An 8.2% increase for MDX led Acura trucks to a new November record, and helped push total truck sales well past the 10,000 mark.
- ILX posted Acura’s largest gain for the month, climbing 19.2% on sales of 1,253 vehicles as an important gateway to the Acura brand.
- TLX also had a strong November, gaining 5.3% on sales of 2,587 cars.
- Acura SUVs are on pace for a 2nd consecutive record year with RDX topping 50,000 units for the 5th straight year and MDX about to surpass 50,000 for the 8th straight year.
- ILX is the fastest growing compact luxury sedan, up 29% in 2019, earning a higher percentage of sales from millennials than any other segment competitor.
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for November 2019|
|2019||2018||% Chg.||2019||2018||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||14,482||14,053||-0.9%||141,252||142,160||-1.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts
** Daily Selling Rate