Official release from Acura Media Newsroom:
Honda Division Breaks Another Monthly Sales Record in October; Acura October Sales Jump Nearly 8% with another Big Month for the All-New TLX
11/03/2014 – TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda Division has its best-ever October sales—up 5.5 percent on delivery of 105,745 new cars and trucks
- All-new Acura TLX sales reach nearly 5,000 units in October, driving an overall 7.9 percent increase for the brand
- Honda CR-V smashes previous October record with 29,257 sales, an increase of 29.7 percent over the same period in 2013; New Fit also sets new October sales mark
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported total October 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 121,172 units, an increase of 5.8 percent versus October of last year. The Honda division set a new October record on sales of 105,745 vehicles, an increase of 5.5 percent for the month. The Acura division posted sales of 15,427 units to rise 7.9 percent in the same period.
With the 3.5L SH-AWD model enjoying its first full month on the market, the new Acura TLX gained more than 25 percent versus last month’s strong performance, reaching sales of nearly 5,000 units in October after less than three months on the market. TLX helped push Acura brand sales up 7.9 percent for the month.
- TLX sales reached 4,890 units in October, jumping 25.9 percent over last month for its best month since joining the Acura lineup, and came within just a few hundred units of ranking as Acura’s best-selling model.
- With 5,324 units sold in October, Acura’s current best seller—MDX—jumped 9.5 percent month-over-month despite being limited by tight supplies.
“With TLX sales nearly topping 5,000 units in a segment full of notoriously tough competitors, the new TLX is quickly establishing itself as a top player in the mid-size luxury sedan game,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “This early success of TLX also demonstrates the strong potential of the performance direction for the Acura product lineup.”
|American Acura Vehicle Sales for October 2014|
|2014||2013||% Chg.||2014||2013||% Chg.|
|Acura Division Total||15,427||14,296||7.9%||135,177||135,126||0.%|
|Memo: TSX Wagon||5||132||-96.2%||635||1,764||-64.0%|
|Memo: ILX Hybrid||15||137||-89.1%||360||1,373||-73.8%|
|Memo: RLX Hybrid||36||0||0.0%||67||0||0.0%|
|* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic & global sourced parts ** Daily Selling Rate ***Memo line items are included in the respective model total|